Chief Development Officer
Greg Trainor, RPF
- 20 years experience in BC forest industry and extensive resource development experience including permitting and stakeholder/contract management
- Significant forest operations experience including engineering, design and construction supervision of coastal logging roads/bridges and timber harvesting operations
- Extensive knowledge of prospective hydro projects including power contracts and project design/feasibility
Anthony Ramirez, P. Eng.
- Former Project Engineer & Project Manager with Cloudworks Energy and Innergex Renewable Energy from 2008 to 2012
- Broad knowledge and experience in hydroelectric project construction, interconnection, commissioning, operation and maintenance with specific knowledge and experience in the electro-mechanical aspects of hydro projects
- Proficient in construction project management, construction estimating, contract administration, scheduling, procurement and execution
board of directors
M. Scott Bratt, CA, CFA, ICD.D
- Independent businessman, Chairman of Serafina Energy Ltd., Director of Saguaro Resources Ltd., and Vice-Chairman of Panorama Mountain Village Inc.
- Former Director and Member of Special Committee of CanElson Drilling Inc. (TSX: CDI) prior to its sale in August 2015, and Former Director and Chairman of Special Committee of Angle Energy Inc. (TSX:NGL) prior to its sale in December 2013.
- Over 25 years experience in energy sector, including 18 year investment banking career primarily at FirstEnergy Capital Corp. (15 years) as Managing Director, Co-Head of Corporate Finance until August 2012. Mr. Bratt has significant experience in mergers, acquisitions, valuations, financing, and has been a trusted advisor to numerous boards and senior management teams (including Canadian Hydro Developers, Inc.).
Matt O’Brien, MBA, BA
- Managing Partner, Connor Clark & Lunn Private Market Investments and President, Connor, Clark & Lunn Infrastructure
- Matt O’Brien joined Connor, Clark & Lunn Financial Group in the middle of 2005 to head up its infrastructure and private equity businesses. Since that time, Matt has both overseen the formation and growth of the group, and led principal investments in both infrastructure assets and private equity businesses valued at over $5.0 billion, including sizable investments in the 100 MW Kingston Solar Project, the 100 MW Grand Renewable Solar Project, the 150 MW Harrison Hydroelectric Project, the 100 MW Kingston Solar Project, the 25 MW Rainy River Solar Project, the 5 MW Sakwi Creek Hydroelectric Project, the 12 MW Hunter Creek Hydroelectric Project, the Regina Bypass Project, the North Island Hospitals Project and the Alberta Schools II public-private partnership.
- Prior, Matt was a managing director in the mergers & acquisitions group with RBC Capital Markets where he held senior roles in Toronto, Calgary and San Francisco over almost a decade. He advised on a wide range of both US and Canadian public and private transactions cumulatively valued at over $20 billion, primarily in the energy (E&P, oil services) and energy infrastructure (power generation, electricity transmission, natural gas processing, storage and transmission) industries.
- Matt received an MBA from the Richard Ivey School of Business at the University of Western Ontario and a bachelor of arts degree in economics (with Distinction) from McGill University. Matt sits on the board of directors of Connor, Clark & Lunn Financial Group Ltd. as well as a number of other infrastructure and private company boards.
Jason Moser, CBV
- Partner, Senior Director – Investments, PFM Capital Inc.
- Jason joined PFM in 2008 and is responsible for originating, due diligence, underwriting, and managing private debt and equity investments. Prior to joining PFM, he worked in equity research at Raymond James where he was involved in the valuation of conventional oil and gas income trusts. Jason has also spent time on the trading desk at EPCOR Merchant & Capital and with the Canadian Forces.
- Jason grew up in Weyburn and graduated from the University of Saskatchewan with a Bachelor of Commerce (Great Distinction). He has subsequently obtained his Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation and the Chartered Business Valuator (CBV) designation. Jason resides in Regina with his wife and four children and is involved in a number of community organizations including the Queen City Kinsmen. He currently holds several directorships in investee companies including Fire Sky Energy, Plains Environmental, and Stampede Drilling.
Jay B. Simmons, CA, ICD.D
- President of Simmons Financial Holdings, Director of Foundation Place Capital, Director of Spruce Ridge Capital, Director of Simmons Drilling, Chairman and CEO of Durum Properties LP, a real estate investment and development partnership and Director of Cube Lease Inc., an online real estate technology business.
- Extensive governance experience – chairman of audit, compensation and corporate governance committees.